Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mac & Cheese Quinoa


Oh, hello.  It's been a couple weeks.  I've been on holidays for the past 10 days so I took a little time off from the computer and headed to Vancouver & spent some time relaxing.  But now I am back, refreshed, and ready to rock with the recipes! (Yes, that alliteration was on purpose).

After my holidays, life delivered me the cold from the underworld.  Five days of sneezing, hacking, sleeping, bathing, snotting and fevering.  But, close to the end of my health crisis, I had some extra time to spend experimenting with Quinoa.  One of my favorite recipes that came out of it was Mac & Cheese Quinoa.




Mac & Cheese Quinoa

Ingredients:
-1.5 cups quinoa
-Salt and pepper
-1 clove garlic, minced
-2 eggs
-1 cup milk (could also be soy milk)
-Cheese
-Veggies
-Panko Crumbs (you can get gluten free ones at Safeway or Bulk Barn)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cook quinoa (follow instructions on package)
3. Saute any veggies that you want to use with garlic.  I used Broccoli.  
4. Whisk together eggs and milk in a large bowl.  Once Quinoa is cooked, stir into bowl with eggs/milk mixture.  Add cheese and salt/pepper.  Mix well.
5. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray and pour mixture into this dish.  Sprinkle cheese and panko crumbs on top.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is browned.






No comments:

Post a Comment