- Heat dutch oven and cover bottom with 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fry onion, red pepper, garlic, and turkey/chicken. Saute until turkey/chicken is cooked throughout.
- Add chilli powder, cocoa, cumin, salt & pepper, pinto beans, tomatoes, chicken broth, and chillies.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Love, hard work, and a little crazy.
Friday, July 13, 2012
- Spaghetti squash is very low in calories (one cup is about 40 calories), very low in fat, and has no cholesterol.
- It also contains omega-3 essential fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids, which are great for preventing heart disease, cancers, and inflammation. The omega-6 is particularly good for brain function, but you don’t want to overdue it, as too much omega-6 can cause inflammation.
- Spaghetti squash is very rich in Vitamin A and C, which are anti-oxidants and can prevent cell damage.
- Technically, squash is a fruit. But c’mon, to normal people, it’s a vegetable.
Here are my 2 favourite spaghetti squash recipes.
-1 large spaghetti squash
-1 package ground turkey or chicken
-1 jar of Ragu sauce
-1 garlic clove
1. There are many different ways to cook a spaghetti squash – boil it, bake it, microwave it, steam it etc. I usually stick it in the oven on 350 for 45 min-1 hour.
3. After it has baked, take it out of the oven and cut it in half. Grab a fork and scoop out the seeds. Slide the fork along the sides and middle to string the squash.
I certainly did make up this name, as it is my favourite recipe to make using squash!\
1. Bake the squash the same as in step 1 of the first recipe.
2. Fry together shrimp, black olives, onion, garlic and tomatoes.
3. Once the spaghetti squash is done and has been gutted, place the squash in a bowl and stir it in with the fried up mixture.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lime juice
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1-2 teaspoons cumin
Thursday, July 5, 2012
“Sure here is my number.”
1. Put a tomato, a bocconcini ball, and a leaf of basil on a small skewer (see picture)
2. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut up beets into bite sized pieces and drizzle with Olive Oil. Put on baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.