Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas

I began writing as a hobby in high school and have continued, mostly because it’s soothing and partly because I suck at talking.  I write because when I speak, I stutter and my words don’t seem to come out properly or the way I want them to. When I write, my words are smooth and my sentences connect. I am no longer inept.  Cranberries turn into verbs and politics turn into champagne. I do not have hair or eyelids or fingernails or freckles or breasts and I do not have a shadow.  Just me and a keyboard, or a pen and a notebook.

If possible, I would never speak, only write. Because words spoken are final and I am never final, only continually developing as a being, a sculptor, a writer, a blogger. Spoken words are conclusive, but not always truth, again leaving me to favor written words with no clothes on – naked and undeniable, for the world to see.  No blonde hair and no green eyes.

That’s what writing online is all about for me.  Taking facts of life and knitting them into a blanket of unedited authenticity.  It’s true everyone has problems, it’s true that we’re judged for them, but it’s also true that we can use our obstacles as our power.  Sharing my story, facts, and recipes….that is my power.

Enter the next recipe.

Roasted Chickpeas

Ingredients:
-1-2 tbsp olive oil
-1 can chickpeas
-3 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp lime juice
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp onion powder
-1/2 tsp sea salt


 










 
Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
3. Cover baking sheet in tin foil and spray pan with some Pam.
4. Spread chickpeas across baking sheet.
5. Bake chickpeas for 45 min-1 hour.
6. After chickpeas are cooked, put into bowl and mix together with olive oil, spices, and lime juice.
7. EAT THEM.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment