Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chocolate Mousse Cake


Dessert! The recipe you’ve been waiting for!!  Well, the recipe I’ve been waiting for.  Chocolate mousse cake.  Holay, yummy!  When I go to heaven, the clouds I frolic in are going to be made of chocolate.  Dark chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter chocolate, mousse chocolate, milk chocolate…oh the list goes on!

There is nothing better than chocolate.  Nothing.  A bold statement, I know.  You have a bad day, eat a chocolate bar.  You get your heart broken, eat a chocolate bar.  You get in a car accident and break your arms, legs, and all of your ribs….well, ask the nurse to get you a chocolate bar.  In my world, it’s the answer to absolutely everything. 

And wine.  Wine also fixes everything.


Quit rambling on you say! Give us this wonderful gluten free chocolate mousse cake recipe!  And I will.  But there is a catch.  The main ingredient is chickpeas! Yes, I did say chickpeas.  Chickpeas can be used as a substitute for eggs and flour in baked goods.  They do not contain any cholesterol or saturated fats, and have a high protein and fibre content.  

The best way to make this recipe is with a food processer.  But, alas, I do not own one.  So I used a blender.  As I have said in previous posts, I’m not exactly the cleanest person when it comes to cooking in baking.  But it’s always fun to watch Blaine dive for cover every time something flies through the air (I have no idea how it happens…it’s just a talent of mine I guess).























The loveliest part of this dessert is that has no added sugar – only fruit.  I will list the ingredients I made this cake with, but feel free to substitute the berries and beans for other types.

Chocolate Mousse Cake

Ingredients:
-1 banana
-1 handful blueberries
-1 handful chickpeas
-7 Medjool dates
-3 tbsp cocoa powder
-1 large tbsp coconut oil
-1 tbsp almond butter
-Some sort of topping whether it be chocolate chips, pecans, or any other kind of nut

Instructions:

  1. Blend the dates with the almond butter and coconut oil until smooth and creamy.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend.
  3. Poor mixture into a circular or rectangular cooking tin and sprinkle topping on top (I used dark chocolate chips…of course).
  4. Freeze and remove from freezer a few minutes before eating.
Easy as pie! Wait…easy as cake?  I think so!




No comments:

Post a Comment